Datagraphic is proud to participate in the United Nations Global Compact. In doing so, our social impact strategy directs how we operate as a responsible business for our planet, people, community and partners.
As a participant in the UN Global Compact, Datagraphic shows a strong commitment to responsible business practices and sustainable development. We are dedicated to leaving the world better than we found it.
In this blog, we will:
- Explain what the UN Global Compact is.
- Discuss the key elements of the UN Global Compact.
- Identify the benefits of the UNGC.
- Demonstrate why the UN Global Compact matters to our business.
What is the UN Global Compact?
The UN Global Compact (UNGC) is a strategic initiative launched by the United Nations in 2000. It is a voluntary concept inviting businesses and organisations around the world to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies.
As a participant, we have pledged to align our operations with ten universally accepted principles that cover four crucial areas: human rights, labour, environment, and anti-corruption.
Key Elements of the UN Global Compact
The ten principles of the UNGC cover:
- Human Rights. The UNGC encourages companies to protect human rights within business operations and ensure they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Labour. Companies within the UNGC contribute to creating equitable and respectful work environments to eliminate forced and child labour and promote non-discrimination in the workplace.
- Environment. Protecting the planet is a core component of the UNGC, and businesses are encouraged to promote environmental responsibility and sustainability.
- Anti-Corruption. The UNGC expects participants to foster transparent business practices combating bribery, extortion, and other forms of corruption.
Business benefits of the UN Global Compact
Our proactive approach to adding social value pre-empts issues before they become significant problems. We can leverage our reputation as a sustainable supplier to lead the change and collaborate with a global network of like-minded stakeholders. Therefore, as an official signatory of the UNGC, we are well-placed to invite clients, partners and other organisations to join in with the progress.
The UN Global Compact provides resources, guidance, and training to help companies like ours implement sustainable and responsible business practices. Therefore, it is an important initiative to align with and a credible and effective step in our sustainability roadmap. Moreover, the ten principles align with many global sustainability standards and frameworks, which helps us to stay ahead of evolving regulatory requirements.
What does this mean for Datagraphic?
Our commitment to the UN Global Compact demonstrates we align with a global movement that seeks to make the world a better place for current and future generations. We operate energy-efficient processes, waste reduction, and responsible supply chain management that we can pass on to our clients.
As a signatory, we commit to:
- Incorporate the UNGC principles into our company’s strategy, culture, and day-to-day operations.
- Continuously improve our performance in these areas.
- Engage in transparency and report on our progress toward achieving these goals.
Datagraphic not only contributes to global efforts for positive change and long-term success in an increasingly conscious and interconnected world.
Learn more about our social impact strategy.